Monday, March 2, 2009

Come On, Mama Needs a New Pair of Shoes!!

Note: I'll be blogging under my "Rebekah + Justin" ID from time to time to make it easier to transition between my blogs without logging in and out...

Anywho, I have a small and uninteresting update and a slightly larger and more interesting update that I thought might be worth sharing with you all.

First, in the interest of being fair, I want to share with you the smattering of text messages that Keith has sent to Justin over the past few weeks. It seems that Keith really wants to pay us this money back [read: wants us to think that he really wants to pay us this money back]. I find it interesting that the conversation always seems to hit a brick wall when there's any mention of getting the equipment back. Oh well... moving on. Here are the texts:

[text images have been lost to time and the internet]

I, being the eternal optimist, am very excited about this. The Drunken Classy Ladies have our March brunch coming up, and this requires me to purchase a new dress and shoes... I'm so glad Keith will be funding my shopping trip. This slow economy has definitely put a dent into my dress buying and it'll be nice to have some of our money back to keep it "business as usual".

I'm really placing a lot of faith in Keith to come through [mostly because I already bought the dress and it looks great on me], and I'll be sure to update you with what happened by the end of banking hours tomorrow.

Ok, now for the second thing: There's another blog out there written by another person who was "allegedly" scammed by Keith Kiiroja. I contacted the owner of the blog to find out who he was and what his story is, and he got back to me late last night via email. He's actually one of the people who Keith listed as someone he owed money to in an earlier email to me. I've said before that our story is the only one I can guarantee as true [even though I whole-heartedly believe all the others who I've been in contact with about Keith], so I wanted to reach out to him myself to see if he's legit. I'm waiting for him to get back to me with permission to link his blog and maybe post his story. FYI: it was another Craigslist scam... he didn't lend Keith anything. Hopefully, he'll let me share his story here.

That's all for now, folks. Hold for the update... [PS I obliged and removed Keith's phone number from my blog as per his request. I find this a weird request considering that the number will supposedly no longer work, but what the heck... I don't care.]

No comments:

Post a Comment