Sunday, January 24, 2010

Keith + Bad Check = New "Alleged" Scam-ee

The following information was relayed to me by a gentleman who found the blog and contacted me by email and telephone on January 21-22.  Let me stress that while I feel this is a very credible source (considering his rage-filled story), these are just allegations and Keith remains innocent (whatever) until proven guilty.  Also find below a transcript of a text message exchange between Keith and me after I spoke to his newest "alleged" scam-ee.  (Yes, I have his current phone number.)

Here are some highlights of the story:
  1. Keith went into the gentleman's business.
  2. Keith told him his sob story about his sick daughter.
  3. Keith brought his daughter into the store.
  4. The gentleman did some work for Keith and sold him computer parts.
  5. Keith wrote him a bad check and disappeared.
The text messages:
Rebekah: Pay the computer guy back.
Keith: I got it covered. Thanks.
Rebekah: How?  By your dead mom?  I can't believe you're still scamming... with your daughter with you?
Keith: It was a fuck up, not a scam.  My mother is not dead... she is alive and well...
Rebekah: Yeah, I know she's alive.
Keith: I have money for you, the ebay store, and adam greco is getting paid off this week...  Rebekah.  I am over it... this is ALL going to go away very soon.
Rebekah: You're insane.  But good, give me my money tomorrow.
Keith: I am taking care of all the debt with a loan... then we do not have to deal with one another anymore...  It won't happen tomorrow... I am doing deposits on Wednesday when I get paid...  I will text you on Wednesday for info...
Rebekah: You realize you've been telling this to people for ages.  They call me constantly.

No response.

This next text message exchange from January 6 (the last before I contacted him about the "computer guy").  I happened to be on set with Justin that day shooting John Lithgow (whoot!), so these messages just annoyed me.  Seriously, Keith, you're keeping in touch why?  To remind me how you're never going to pay us?:

Keith: keith@unkphoto.com no longer exists.  please use esi.keithkevin@gmail.com.  it is an email associated with work so I check it often.  Thank you.  Keith Kiiroja
I also sent you an email but did not get a reply.  So, I resorted to this method of contact to make certain you got new email info.  Talk soon.  Keith Kiiroja
Rebekah: Email about what?
Keith: About the new email address in case you tried to contact me thru unkphoto.com email and it rejected.  Did not want you to think I was avoiding you or last touch.
Rebekah: Ok. Is payment coming on the 15th?  [of January... he promised this previously]
Keith: I am trying my best... it looks like I will be able to send something, I just do not know how much just yet.  Will advise as soon as I know.  Keith Kiiroja

Completely disgusted (and busy with work), I didn't respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment